We feel extremely lucky to have Washington’s premier ski area just 10-15 minutes away. Its size is amazing - 2600 skiable acres, a 3100-foot vertical drop and 57 marked runs (not to mention all the unmarked ones!) In fact, Crystal consistently appears on national magazine writers’ lists of top North American resorts.
If you’ve never skied Crystal before, you’ll be amazed by the terrain. There’s wonderful beginner and intermediate terrain—particularly around the Forest Queen chair and the lower elevation chairs like Chinook Express and Discovery. There’s also a lot of advanced and expert terrain that more advanced skiers and boarders will love! In fact, in 2008, Crystal opened its new Northway Chair into what had been the North Backcountry—giving new lift-serviced access to 1000 acres!
And there’s so much more at Crystal. Here are the things that we think make Crystal really cool. Click here to visit Crystal’s website for details on any of these.
- The Mt. Rainier Gondola for skiers, boarders and foot passengers too!
- First Tracks Breakfasts at the Summit House on select Saturdays (December 28-February 22)
- Kids 10 & under ski for just $5 every day—and that includes the Gondola!
- Parent/toddler ski lessons for 2-3 year olds.
- A great Kids Club program for kids 4-11.
- Ski school and ski rentals. (All new rental gear and a new RDL demo center at the top of the Gondola.)
- Saturday snowshoe tours (December 28-February 22).
- Clinics throughout the year—steep skiing clinics, women’s clinics, etc.
- The Mountain Shop for skis, boots, clothing and more.