Bring your dog for free on stays through June 15, 2015. (See details below.)
It’s dog heaven out here in the national forest, and we welcome responsible dog owners and their furry friends in our limited number of dog-friendly suites.
We’ll welcome your best friend with doggy treats, and then point you to literally dozens of trails all through the national forest that are perfect for your four-legged buddy (and you, of course). There’s really not a bad season to come out here with your dog. In the winter, they’ll love playing in the snow and going snowshoeing with you. In the spring, summer and fall, there are lots of streams, lakes, rivers and smells for your dog to enjoy. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ OUR PET POLICY BEFORE RESERVING, AND NOTE THAT ADVANCE RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED.
PET RULES IN THE NATIONAL FOREST AND MT. RAINIER NATIONAL PARK.
Basically, any of the trails in the national forest are open to dogs. That means you can hike or snowshoe all around Alta Crystal Resort or Crystal Mountain. However, Mt. Rainier National Park is not dog-friendly (dogs are only allowed on roads) but we’ll send you to lots of places with beautiful views of the mountain right outside the Park.
BIG NEWS! The Mt. Rainier Gondola is also pet-friendly in the summer! Dogs are not allowed on the Gondola in the winter, but make plans now to bring your dogs up this summer. Dogs must be on a leash and with you at all times (i.e. you can’t tie them up outside while you have lunch inside at the Summit House) but we think this is awesome! By the way, there is a dog section on the PAWTIO of the Summit House, so you can lunch with them there, or get something to go. Click here for an article about our dogs’ first trip on the Gondola.
Dog For Free through June 15, 2015 Details: Please read our pet policy. This offer applies to one dog only. Advance reservations required for stays through June 15, 2015. Limited to our four dog-friendly suites.
Please help us continue our dog-friendly program by following our simple rules:
- Advance reservations for your dog are required as we only have 4 dog-friendly suites available at any time. If you haven’t reserved a dog-friendly suite, please leave your buddy at home.
- Dogs may not be left unattended in rooms unless they are crated. If you plan to ski in the winter, or hike in Mt. Rainier National Park in the summer, you’ll want to think about whether this can work for you.
- A one-time $50/dog cleaning fee will be charged per stay to your room. Normally, we have a limit of one dog/suite, although we do sometimes make exceptions during our slower season.
- You will be asked to sign a pet waiver at check-in.
- You are responsible for picking up after your dog.
- There are miles and miles of snowshoe and hiking trails right from the resort, and you are welcome to take your dog anywhere. However, we ask that you not bring your dog to evening events (including bonfires and barbecues) and avoid bringing your dog to the office.
- Dogs may not be left overnight in cars in the parking lot.
- You are responsible for charges for any excessive cleaning or damages caused by your dog.
- You are responsible for any compensation given to other guests for disturbances or noise complaints caused by your dog.
- Sorry. Although we love cats, we do not have any cat-friendly suites.